3rd Family-Centered Care Conference
The global and local impacts of the pandemic on FCC, changing circumstances leading to restricted visiting hours, and the impact on the department staff and parents.
The impact of the pandemic continues to be highlighted, while we slowly open the conversation on how to emerge stronger after the pandemic.
As a consequence of the pandemic, healthcare systems globally acted swiftly to put in place measures to restrict the viral spread of SARS-CoV-2. This impact, although often solely highlighted, was not limited to adult care only. By 2021 most hospitals have restricted parental access to babies and children.
During our second conference, we highlighted some of the consequences and impact of the pandemic in our hospital’s NICU and successfully opened dialogue for family involvement and extended visitation hours.
Twenty months later, even though we are still very much living with this terrible virus and its prevalence now also in our children. On November 20th, 2021 we were ready to talk about how we emerged stronger from Covid-19.
- Conference date: November 2o, 2021
- Hybrid (virtual & live-streamed) Conference
- Opened a dialogue for family involvement and extended visitation hours,
- Hospital staff and families are all impacted by Covid-19 restrictions,
- A very powerful parent testimonial showcased the consequences of the lack of FCC principles implementation in times of COVID-19.
- Hospital Management Outbreak Team
- Pediatric Nurses
- Grief counselors
- Grief recovery tools well received on a personal and professional level,
- Clear commitments were developed by the pediatric team and communicated with the whole hospital after the conference,
- Periodic pre-conference meetings and presentations were conceived as positive, valuable and effective for the hospital,
- Family-Centered Research project on FCC in partnership between the USA, the Netherlands and Curaçao will be initiated.
Welcome and introduction | Shirley Lo-A-Njoe
Opening Emerging Stronger after the COVID-19 pandemic on Curaçao | Claudia Rigaud, RMHC Curaçao
Family-Centered Care at the heart of healthcare for children | Linda Franck
Living in the Covid-19 generation: Impact and improvement FCC in the NICU | Naijla Duque pt 1
Living in the Covid-19 generation: Impact and improvement FCC in the NICU | Michael Mitchell pt 2
Living in the Covid-19 generation: Impact and improvement FCC in the NICU | Naijla Duque pt 3
FCC and mental health as a result of Covid-19 | Yithza Davelaar pt 1
FCC and mental health as a result of Covid-19 | Rodney Stewart pt 2
Breaking Bad News, what parents would like you to know | Eduard Verhagen